Dinner Party Series: August
I’m failing on the blog front lately, but I can’t help it. My twins are BUSY and I’m hanging on by a thread. Not just from keeping up with them all day long, but making sure they’re learning and growing each day – that’s a challenge. Or maybe that’s just pressure moms put on themselves unnecessarily; babies used to literally grow up in caves and they were still helping their moms hunt for dinner by the age of 5.
Anyway, this dinner party post is too late. You really only have 8 days left to use it. Just kidding! Because I’m selecting grilled pizza for this month, and pizza is good ALWAYS. And I’m using grilled pizza for this month because we just went to a dinner party at my friend Annie’s house and grilled pizzas were the theme, and it was perfect. It was so much fun, really interactive, and at the end we got to eat PIZZA. I also feel like we all really bonded over the stressful yet satisfying act of rolling out pizza crust into something reasonable looking.
I’m offering two approaches here – buy the pizza stuff and make the salad, or make the pizza stuff and buy the salad.
Appetizer: Simple platter of roasted nuts and summer fruit
Salad: Italian Chopped Salad or buy a prepared/bagged salad at the store
Dessert: Brownie Bottom Cheesecake
- Bake cheesecake the day before.
- If making pizza, prepare the dough the night before or morning of. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Prepare nut/fruit plate before guests arrive.
- Prepare salad before guests arrive.
- When ready to grill pizzas, roll out the dough, brush with oil, and grill on high heat first without the toppings. When dough crisps up, add toppings and return to grill until cheese melts.